Sunday, February 20

smoothie-licious.

I have this obsession with a smoothie from a local place in Vegas, Rachel's Kitchen. At Rachel's, this smoothie is called "The Incredible Hulk." It has banana and peanut butter and honey and is straight up just amazing. I get actual cravings for this smoothie multiple times a week. But at 5 bucks a pop I feel like it may be a bit excessive to continuously pay each time I get a craving... especially when I could make the smoothie myself! So one day (probably after the fourth smoothie that week) I simply asked them how they made their infamous Incredible Hulk. And they told me! Exact measurements and all. Love when that happens. It's super simple and you probably have most of the ingredients in your kitchen already.

I love a good smoothie -- whether on a hot day or just for something different, give this one a try. I happen to be a peanut butter fanatic and so this particular smoothie fits my taste buds well. It would be great to enjoy before or after working out, and for added protein you could easily throw in a scoop of whey. Depending on how thick you like your smoothies, feel free to adjust the amount of ice used.

The Incredible Hulk
Recipe courtesy Rachel's Kitchen, Las Vegas, NV

1/4 cup milk
1/4 silken tofu
1 banana
1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter
1 tablespoon honey
2 cups ice

Blend and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment